Vagalicious Book Club

A book club by and for fabulous Vaginas!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wahoo...


Yippie! I got the invite, I feel like I just made it into some secret society. And I second the random postings idea and will follow suit. I am enjoying a cup of tea and watching the morning go by while nursing sore legs. I've been skiing about a foot of freshies the past two days. And the raft trip didn't really beef up those leg muscles. But, I do still think about our great journey every day.


I did just finish the book, The Long Walk- The True Story of a Trek to Freedom. Wow! A very powerful story of willpower and strength of an escaped prisoner or a Soviet labor camp from Siberia to India.

4 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Madge or Lydia said...

holy amazing book...I could NOT put it down and I could not believe the spirit of those people. I really loved the sitings near the end...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

welcome spidey. sore legs!!! Im jealous. I also went skiing and it was raining on us, not just drizzle but raining with 50 MPH winds......ahhh p-town. At the end, I forgot I got off the river cause i was so damn wet!!!! even, yes, my vagina!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

and about the book-----oh my. It is the book it think of the most. I can always say...."at least im not in the gobi desert" or"we just lost our knife" or "on a train to prison"!!!! the human spirit is capable of anything, truly moving.

We Die Alone is another great book about survival in WWII. terrrible title--great story!!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Madge or Lydia said...

I love that.."at least i'm not in the Gobi desert dying of renal failure as I watch my legs puff up!" Oh God..that book! the knife...all about the knife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home