Vagalicious Book Club

A book club by and for fabulous Vaginas!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes its winter

Hello fabulous ladies! I realized that during these dark cold winter monthes all I really want to do at night is cozy up with a good book or watch a memorable movie. I'm almost half way thru Peace Like a River- wow! What a great one, the kids are just so sweet- I'm totally absorbed in the trek to find Davy. Anyone else reading it?? I also read Water For Elephants recently, that one also sucks you into to the drama behind the scenes of a travelling circus.

As for movies, I watched Water- a foreign film about widows in India. The main character is an 8 yr old widow- just imagine being a widow at 8! Enough said, I'm glad our laws/customs are different over here. My only warning is that it is subtitled.

It just keeps snowing up here in MT. So I am loving the powder. But I gotta say the best day so far was over in Utah at Powder Mtn- a very last minute trip that resulted in untracked powder all day long!! Yippie!!

But, if you're sick of winter remember that its the season for Salmon River permits. Go check them out- apps have to be in by the 31st of January. Maybe a little river reunion??? Enjoy the weekend!

5 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Aunge said...

PS I updated my profile, but still no picture yet.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

Glad to hear that you are getting some good skiing in. Im jealous, Wet snow is, well, wet. none of my ski wear even works here. I have been wearing my rain gear!!!


So peace like a river----holy shit....great. The adventure for davy continues and what an adventure it is!! Is the dad really an angel like he thinks?? Swede is probably one of my favorite characters ever. How cute and smart is she???!!!!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

I saw water---how crazy and different. Good movie. That woman is beautiful too.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Madge or Lydia said...

I watched Battlestar Galactica this weekend.

JK

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

thats your f@#@#$ing comment!!!!!

did you make out with madge while watching starbuck????---oooohhhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home