Vagalicious Book Club

A book club by and for fabulous Vaginas!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ahh A day off...

My only goal for my day off is to finish the book I am currently reading- A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. What a gut wrenching tale of a young boy who loses his family when his village in Sierra Leone is invaded. I can't read it at night because I get so tense and angry that people have to live through things like this. And then I have to debrief about it and wake Chad up, so to say the least I need to finish it. The author is coming to speak in Bozeman next month so hopefully I will be able to make it through his speech.

Tink- thanks for the heads up on the book. But I must say, after this I might have to re-enter the world of Harry Potter. I left off last fall on the Order of the Phoenix- so I have a couple more to go.

Hope you all are enjoying life. I am trying to recover after a girls weekend in Targhee. Lets just say, it takes time to recup from the adventures that 16 ladies can find while away from the nest. Ouch, and there are pics to remind us all of those bar dancing moments.

Cheers- Spidey

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Madge or Lydia said...

holy amazing I love Targhee....my favorite area of all time. Pics please.

what is with the tree shit you keep sending out??

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger JEM said...

woaw, that book was so intense...i couldnt put it down but i wanted to so bad...i wanted to believe it wasnt true...it was hard to deal with that reality!!! that will be amazing to see the author.
Spidey give me a call if you are skiing at powder mountain!!! that is so close to me!!! and the utah pow is GREAT!!!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger tinkerbell said...

im jelous---I wish I had cool friends to go skiing with. next year, next year.

Ill have to read that book but maybe when there is sun, hope in portland.

spidey---did you ride down mary's nipple????---oohhhhhhhahhhhhh. I have a great pic of 3 of us girls kissing it!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home